We’ve returned, against the odds, with a conversation centered around the news of Kamala Harris becoming the VP candidate alongside Joe “C’mon, Man” Biden. The centerpiece of the episode was the Jacobin article “Joe Biden Has Found His Neoliberal Match in Kamala Harris” by Branko Marcetic.
Further Reading, Viewing, Listening
- Colbert & Kamala: It was a de-BATE! IT WAS A DEBATE! DEBATE! DEBATE!
- Richard Medhurst (@richimedhurst):
—Kamala Cackles Gleefully About Jailing Parents for Truancy
—Kamala Harris Lies Through Entire Acceptance Speech
—Kamala Harris is a Racist Who Supports Genocide
- Hollywood Celebrities Go Crazy for Kamala: ‘Crying with Joy!!!!’
- Celebrities Join ‘We Have Kamala Harris’s Back’ Campaign to Pressure Media to Protect Her from ‘Sexist Political Attacks’
- Heat Death of the Universe – @heatdeathpod
- JD Newland – @jdnewland
- Joshua Nomen-Mutatio – @ImbalancingAct
- Please send all Letters of Derision, Indifference, Inquiry, Mild Elation, et cetera to:
- Every show-related link is corralled and available here.
Heat Death of the Universe is an End-Times-inspired podcast about a wide range of subjects falling under the enormous Janus-faced purview of cultural and political commentary. Hosted by two long-time expatriated US citizens living in South Korea, mainly Seoul.
Joshua Nomen-Mutatio currently teaches liberal arts to precocious child geniuses in the infamous Gangnam district, enjoys Latin-based pseudonyms (not really, just the one), makes percussive patterns with Gorymurgy, and lives on a high elevation hill in the oldest village in Seoul.
JD Newland teaches little humans in a less bourgeois area than Gangnam, but it’s bourgie enough. He enjoys the finest things in life such as scouring the Internet, endlessly scrolling on a plethora of devices, and consumption of all sorts. He lives at the base of Namsan, a mountain in Seoul and home to the city’s most famous tower.