Our mid week early morning episode centers around two of the latest articles from Luke Savage (@LukewSavage) in the ideologically-aligned warm embrace of Jacobin. The first regarding the absolute imperative need for a Green New Deal to even possibly combat the effects of climate change. The second deals with the perpetual disappointment of the Biden campaign, which not only will never be pushed leftward, but won’t even deliver on its own lukewarm platform and promises.
Further Reading, Viewing, Listening
- It’s Ecosocialism or Barbarism
- Pelosi calls the Green New Deal ‘the green dream or whatever’
- Joe Biden’s Promises Were Meant to Be Broken
- Donald Trump Has Added Trillions to the US Military Budget. Joe Biden Wants to Spend Even More.
- House Democrats gave Trump ‘everything he wanted’ on a $738 billion defense bill while on the brink of impeaching him
- Joe Biden: It Would Be an Insult to My Dead Son for Everyone to Have Healthcare
- JNM’s review of Understories
- Luke Savage’s podcast co-hosted with Will Sloan called Michael and Us: A podcast about political cinema and our crumbling world.