One host tests negative for the novel coronavirus. We discuss the news of Amy Coney Barrett being sworn in for obviously nefarious reasons, the climate continues to catastrophize, and COVID continues to expose the worrisome machinations of capitalism and wreak physiological, psychological, and economic havoc more generally. We also discuss the differences between the South Korean healthcare model vs that of the disastrous US variety.
- JNM’s Recommendation: Doctors Without Borders & Hitler’s Circle of Evil (and not what I mistakenly called “Hitler’s Henchmen” which is something else)
- JD’s Recommendation: Stormlight Archive Series by Brandon Sanderson
Further Reading, Viewing, Listening
- Why are Mitch McConnell’s hands blue?
- Trump escalates coup plotting with swearing-in of Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett
- Republicans Are Daring Democrats to Expand the Supreme Court
- Supreme Court is about to have 3 Bush v. Gore alumni sitting on the bench
- Socialists Have Long Fought to Disempower the Supreme Court. That’s More Urgent Than Ever Now.
- The Supreme Court has almost always sided with the wealthy, the privileged, and the powerful, a new book argues.
- Australian environmental scientists face mounting censorship
- The pandemic has only accelerated the underlying contradictions of capitalism