We tried once again to push the boundaries of our physical and psychological ability to endure extended, uninterrupted viewings of blockbuster cinematic universes with the 12 hour total runtime of the Transformers franchise. Unlike the 16 hours we endured during our Fast and Furious franchise marathon, we failed to complete the task. We still had a few things to say about the experience, about Michael Bay in general, and about the military-entertainment complex.
P.S. Commentary tracks (made during this torturous endeavor) for the first four movies in the franchise will be released gradually over the next week or so.
Further Reading, Viewing, Listening
- Has Michael Bay Fallen Out of Love With the Military?
- MOVIES AND TV SHOWS SPONSORED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT
- ENLISTING AN AUDIENCE: HOW HOLLYWOOD PEDDLES PROPAGANDA
- Call of Duty: gaming’s role in the military-entertainment complex
- “Transformers”: the biggest joint military operation movie ever made.