We veer away from our usual fair, slightly, and discuss the heinous cruelty of gay conversion therapy and several interrelated issues concerning American Christianity, homophobia, class-based analysis, cultural warfare, and more. We used the new Streaming Service documentary Pray Away as a rough guide for the discussion.
- JD's Recommendation: Slay the Spire
- JNM's Recommendation: Clifford (not the red dog one)
Further Reading, Viewing, Listening
- Gay Conversion Therapy's Disturbing 19th-Century Origins
- Conversion Therapy Doc Pray Away Merely Offers Its Thoughts and Prayers
- Netflix’s ‘Pray Away’ Seethes with Contempt for Christianity
- Americans’ views flipped on gay rights. How did minds change so quickly?