Gig workers get a little dignity. Bill Gates is a weird pervert, allegedly. China is doing exciting research into new energy sources. The parliamentarian wields more “power” over the entire legislative and executive branches. Haitian refugees welcomed by Mexico as the US chases them with horses and illegally sends them back into immense danger. Defense budget predictably balloons for another fiscal year. We answer a listener's inquiries about Squid Games and Korean cultural and historical forces connected to anti-capitalist media.
- JD'S Recommendation: Cowboy Bebop (Live Action) – Opening Credits
- JNM's Recommendations: Triple Feature: The Last Boy Scout / The Long Kiss Goodnight / Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Further Reading, Viewing, Listening
- NYC Delivery Workers Gain Right to Use Restaurant Bathrooms
- The Labor Battle for the Right to Pee
- WATCH: Bill Gates says meetings with Jeffrey Epstein were 'a mistake'
- China eyes thorium breakthrough in Gobi desert
- Senate parliamentarian likely dooms plan to legalize immigrants through budget bill
- Mexico urges Haitians at US-Mexico border to give up and head south
- House passes bill to compensate 'Havana syndrome' victims
- House passes sweeping defense policy bill
- Pentagon buried study that found $125 billion in wasteful spending
- Why does socialism persist in capitalist S. Korea?
- National Security Act (South Korea)
- Bodo League massacre